Cedar House Audio ProductionsThere’s nothing like a well-told story. Especially if it’s your story. And that’s what we do.
We are an audio production company specializing in the Spoken Word. We take what’s on the page and give it a new life through the human voice.
There are so many ways to tell your story.
Whether it’s an audiobook, an audio tour, a podcast, voices for video games, or any other kind of Spoken Word audio; we translate your story from the page to the listening ears of the world.
Talk to us. We want to tell your story
- We've been nominated! Two of our audiobook productions are up for awards in the SOVA Voice Arts Awards. GROUNDED and JEFF MADISON AND THE SHIMMERS OF DRAKMERE.
- We're please to be going to the Audie Awards this year with Angela Correll's book GROUNDED!
- Who doesn't like a sassy girl detective? We've completed two books in the MERCY WATTS MYSTERIES series. Va va voom!
- We've been welcoming more and more independently published authors as clients. Recently a local Seattle author, Judy Leslie, brought us For the Love of Ireland. See the video.
- We're happily embarking on several projects with two new publishers. Follow us on FB and keep up on our progress!
- While it's true that we didn't produce the voices for the upcoming En Masse MMO TERA, Lyssa did act as voice over director for the game's voice talent and we are looking forward to playing the game! Game trailer click here.
- March was a big month at both our studios! So many projects, so little sleep. Taking a deep breath before heading to New York for the Audio Publishers Association Conference.
- AUDIE NOMINATION! Yes, it's that time of year and our production of THE GIRL ON LEGARE STREET narrated by Aimée Bruneau for Listen and Live Audio is in the running for a Judges Award. We're beaming with pride...
- We just had the pleasure of recording Ron Reagan reading his book MY FATHER AT 100. As you can probably guess, a former radio show host is a pretty darn good narrator...
- Producing video game voices is another thing we love. Two of the games we've worked on recently came out this summer. Check out the video game page to watch trailers of MONDAY NIGHT COMBAT by Uber Entertainment, and Klei Entertainment's SHANK.
- Here's an update on our recent awards...Not one, but TWO of our productions were 2010 Audie Finalists! The first is ARABEL'S RAVEN by Joan Aiken, narrated by Sneha Mathan.
- And the second is THE HOUSE ON TRADD STREET by Karen White, narrated by Aimée Bruneau. The awards ceremony wasin New York in May and we had a grand time...
- Each year an ODYSSEY AWARD is given to to the best audiobook of the year for youth. We are EXTREMELY proud to have won for our production of Sherman Alexie's book THE ABSOLUTELY TRUE DIARY OF A PART-TIME INDIAN. Find details here.
- Video game voice over production is another spoken word type of audio we LOVE to do. Check out a sample of the forthcoming MONDAY NIGHT COMBAT here.
- SHANK is another game we've worked on lately. See what they're up to here.
- We just had an awesome stay-cation while working on nine new walking tours for RICK STEVES EUROPE THROUGH THE BACKDOOR and you can too! Just subscribe to the tour on iTunes and you too can feel like you're standing in front of the Rosetta Stone in the British Museum.
We also had a fun time recording JULIA CHILD: A LIFE. Partly because, well who doesn't love Julia Child, and partly because Lyssa got to reconnect with her friend Julia Prud'homme who narrated the book and just happens to be Julia Child's great niece!